Required that the following conditions are being kept, the photos may be used free of charge as a special service provided by the City of Darmstadt. Many thanks to the photographers! In cases of doubt please contact us (contact data below).
It is not allowed:
To produce print material for commercial use such as postcards or illustrations - in this case the photographer must be consulted.
The following use of our photos is permitted:
- for convention programmes, even if they are handed out for a nominal charge.
- for presentations of Darmstadt as a business location by Darmstadt companies on the internet or with flyers, brochures and related media and for professional publications.
- for private non-commercial use.
- The photos have to be produced unaltered (altering: the changing of the character of the photo, for example by inserting persons or things, apart from reproduction in black and white or details.
- A reproduction should not be bigger than the maximal size resulting from 300 dpi.
- Darmstadt, the City of Science, the motif and the photographer have to be mentioned
- In case of a printed publication, please send at least two copies to the address below.
- If the photo is being used for the internet, please send us an e-mail including a link to the page.
If problems occur while opening the photos in a high resolution and if these photos or other photos are needed in a higher resolution for a non-commercial use free of charge, please send a short description of your intention to:
Amt für Wirtschaft und Stadtentwicklung
Im Carree 1
Telefon: +49(0)6151 / 13-2045
E-Mail: redaktion(at)darmstadt.de (at = @)
The photographs have a high resolution; the size of each file is 2-4 MB. To save a photograph, right click the mouse on ‘download’ and choose ‘save as’ from the menu. The rules for free usage can be found below the photo gallery.
The focal point of the available photographs is landmarks & city perspectives in the classical sense. Images which illustrate economic & scientific activities can de found under eg. www.esa.int, www.eumetsat.int, www.tu-darmstadt.de, www.darmstadt.merck.de or under the linked webpages (rules of usage must be requested from the respective institute).
In the case that you would like to represent Darmstadt with just one single image, then one of the ‘Mathildenhöhe’ would be a good choice; where possible also including Darmstadt’s emblem, the Wedding Tower (Hochzeitsturm).